I guess it's not my turn to die. Y'all take care.
Andy, before his death
Andy was the fourth survivor of the crash to die.
The Final DestinationAndy is visiting the McKinley Speedway with Nadia when Nick O'Bannon, has a vision of a deadly race car crash. When he panics and leaves the stadium, he accidently bumps into Andy who follows him out of the stadium before the accident occurs. Once outside, Andy witnesses Nadia death, which leaves him devastated. Several days later, Andy visits the memorial service at the McKinley Speedway where he nearly breaks down in tears while looking at a photo of Nadia.
Andy is later visited at the auto shop by Nick, his girlfriend Lori Milligan and security guard George Lanter, who try to warn him that Death is still after the survivors, and he is next on Death's list.
Inside the auto repair shop, a man spits inside a can and leaves it on top of a metal crate. While Andy is outside talking to Nick, George, and Lori. The can falls over and the spit lands on a winch causing it to malfunction, which releases the rope and sends a van straight towards Andy, almost crushing him into a fence. However, due to the weight of the van pulling against the rope from the winch, the winch is pulled out of its socket and sent spiraling through the air, hitting the top of a CO2 tank. As Andy turns around the tank hits him in his torso, and knocks him into the fence, slicing him into pieces.
- Nick had a vision of a death involving spinning tires, a winch and a flying tank.
- Before nearly being hit by the van, Andy says "If I was meant to die, it would've happened by now."
- Before the group arrives at the garage, there is a car that looks like Carter Horton's car.
- Before his death, in the garage, you can see a sign saying "DANGER" and below it, you can see 2 CO2 tanks
- In the beginning of the movie, a diagonal wire fence is in front of Andy and the spectators at the speedway.
- Before Nick and Lori arrives, Andy is almost killed twice by the car he is repairing, when suddenly it is released when Lori backs into it, the car almost crushes him, minutes later, this same car is disconnected and tries to crashes Andy to the fence, but the chain stops.
- This character shares the same name as 'Andy's' a fast-food restaurant in Final Destination 3, where Frankie Cheeks was killed.
- The van that almost crushed Andy had "Brand X" written on it. Andy's torso resembled an X when its diced.
- "Brand X" also appeared on Car 6, which was one of the main instigators of the crash that should have killed Andy.
- The Final Destination (portrayed by Andrew Fiscella)
- Final Destination 5 (archive footage in ending credits) (portrayed by Andrew Fiscella)
- Andy Kewzer is referenced in the opening credits of Final Destination 5 by a propane tank breaking the screen.
- In the official script, Andy's name is never mentioned, not even in dialogue. He is called "Gearhead" throughout, and although other characters are referred to by titles (Carter is "Racist", Jonathan is "Cowboy") their names are still revealed in dialogue. It is possible that the name "Andy" was thought of at the last second (which makes sense, as the actor's name is "Andrew")
- The build up to Andy's death is longer in the script, and the viewer would have had more of an opportunity to get to know the character, and realize how much he's changed.
- An omitted moment from the scene where Nick and Lori investigate the racetrack contains them finding Nadia's iPod, and hearing it play part of a song before it stops working. In Andy's death scene, the iPod is handed back to him, and later on another mechanic would turn on the radio, playing the exact same song ("Raindrops" by BJ Thomas) as a sort of sign as it was evidently the last song Nadia would have heard if she had died at the track (not outside) and now this is the last song Andy will hear.
- In two deleted scenes, Andy has a different death, in both Nick's premonition and his actual death. At the speedway Andy gets up tries to leave but a car explodes, killing him. In the other deleted scene when the CO2 tank comes to him he isn't diced. Instead, when the tank falls it took a piece out of him making his spinal column visible.
- In the script of The Final Destination, he is described as: ANDY KEWZER, 30, A GEARHEAD in a Mid-West Customs jacket. He has the face and body of a Hell's Angel, but the nonthreatening voice of Mike Tyson.