So, If you had never gotten off the plane, we wouldn't be alive in the first place.
Eugene, realizing about Death's design.
Eugene was the sixth survivor of the Route 23 pileup to die.
Eugene lived somewhere in New York. He is shown to be very sensitive and sceptical, yet sarcastic. Prior to the crash, Eugene was substituting for Ms. Valerie Lewton at Mt. Abraham High School when he learned that one of his students at his original school brought a knife to class and killed his substitute teacher. He also is shown that he has depression when he tries to commit suicide.
Final Destination 2Edit
Eugene was riding his motorcycle to work, when Kimberly had a premonition of a pile up on Route 23. She blocks the road to prevent the other drivers from entering the highway. Moments later the accident occurs just as she predicted, killing several other people.After the accident, the other survivors are brought to the police station, where Eugene tells them about the curse of Flight 180, even though he himself is skeptical. After Evan Lewis's death the remaining survivors reunite for safety, and Eugene expresses his disbelief that Death is still after them. He leaves the apartment and goes into an elevator along with Nora. While in the elevator, he witnessed Nora's death and becomes suicidal. He takes Officer Burke's gun, and tries to shoot himself, but all the bullets are duds. Now that Eugene believes that Death is still after them he teams up with the survivors to try to find a way to cheat Death's plan.
After the group leaves the apartment their vehicle suffers a blowout and they swerve onto a nearby farm. The back of the car is penetrated by PVC pipes, which puncture Eugene's lung and is sent to the hospital. While in the hospital bed, Eugene watches helplessly as Death closes the vents in his room and snaps the tube to the oxygen tanks, spreading it into the air. His bed began to roll away from the wall and the plug supporting his defibrillator began to come out of its socket, unplugging his defibrillator.As Eugene gasps for air, the defibrillator goes into emergency mode, and Eugene is able to breathe again. Everything was seems fine, until Clear Rivers shows up and opens his door. With the oxygen sifting in the room and the vents shut, the plug comes all the way undone and creates a spark. The oxygen is ignited and creates an explosion, incinerating Eugene and Clear as well.
- Eugene tried to kill himself via handgun, but all six bullets were duds. Clear confirmed that it wasn't his time to die.
- When the plug is pulled in the room it creates a spark, then that spark ignites the room once Clear opens the door. The spark from the pulled plug and the sudden burst of oxygen from outside the room creates an explosion.
- Eugene had a key chain of a pool ball with the unlucky number 13 on it.
- When Eugene tried to commit suicide with a gun, the gun had 6 bullets in it, which marked him as the sixth survivor to die.
- During the time of his death, the milliliters go up to "1800".
- In Burke's apartment, Eugene says to Clear Rivers,"If Death is after you, why don't you just stay the hell away from us?" Unfortunately, they both die in the same explosion.
- Final Destination 2 (portrayed by T.C. Carson)
- Final Destination 2 (novel) (as Eugene Hooper)
- The Final Destination (reference in opening credits)
- Final Destination 5 (archive footage in ending credits) (portrayed by T.C. Carson)
- The massive explosion that kills both him and Clear appears in the opening sequence of The Final Destination.
- Eugene Dix and Carter Horton share a few similarities:
- Carter and Eugene both say they control their own lives. Also, Eugene is stopped from killing himself by Rory, Kimberly and Burke, and Carter is saved by Alex. They both decide to try to kill themselves, Eugene with a gun and Carter with a car and train.
- In the script of Final Destination 2, Eugene is described as: EUGENE DIX, 44, a English teacher.
- Eugene was supposed to be stabbed to death by a student, but was transferred to another school where he replaced Ms. Lewton following her death in Final Destination, so he wasn't around when the insane student showed up at his school. This is somewhat of a plothole, as Eugene would still have to be transferred if Lewton had died on Flight 180. It's possible that, with all the paperwork that it took to deal with everything that happened, he would not have been transferred right away; he'd need references and to actually GET to Mt. Abraham before he could take over her job. This would take a few weeks at least, so he'd be stabbed.
- Also because another teacher was killed in his place, Eugene should have gotten that teachers remaining time (according to Final Destination 5) Since Eugene (with this other teacher's time) should have died in the pile up we can assume that the unknown teacher would have died at the time of the crash.
- In a TV edit of the film, his premonition death scene was slightly censored by not showing the blood splatter out of him when his motorcycle hits him.