Look, I know this sounds crazy but... you guys all heard about Flight 180, right? The kid who got off the plane? It happened a year ago today? My premonition was just like his.
Kimberly, telling Thomas and the rest of the survivors about Flight 180 and Alex's vision.
Kimberly was born in 1982 in White Plains, New York to Michael Corman. 19 years old, She is very close to her father, especially after her mother's death during a carjacking. Kimberly continues to blame herself for what happened since she stayed behind from her mother in an appliance store to watch a newsfeed about Tod Waggner's "suicide".
Her mother was shot in their car when it was hijacked by street thugs. She is attending college with her friends Shaina McKlank, Dano Estevez and Frankie Whitman, and was originally going to spend her spring break with her friends in Daytona Beach, Florida with her friends.
Final Destination 2Kimberly decided to take Route 23 as a shortcut to Florida. While driving, Kimberly had an ominous vision of a highway pile-up caused by a log truck derailment. Stalling her car sideways to prevent other drivers from goingfurther, Kimberly and a handful of other drivers watches closely as vehicles ahead crash one another and explode in the highway. To her surprise, another truck smashes her SUV with her friends still in it, killing them. Kimberly and other survivors are interrogated by Officer Burke afterwards, with
Kimberly explaining her vision's similarity to Alex Browning's vision, and that now they are all in Death's List. The survivors disregard this until survivor Evan Lewis died in his apartment later that night, alarming everyone of the incoming danger in their lives. With Burke's help, Kimberly consult the help of Clear Rivers (the only survivor of Flight 180 that time) to save the remaining others.Nevertheless, their attempts prove unsuccessful. Clear leads Kimberly and Officer Burke to mortician William Bludworth, who helps the latter by claiming that new life can defeat Death. Kimberly realizes that pregnant survivor Isabella Hudson can save them, however this proves false since Isabella was meant to live even in the premonition. After Clear and Eugene's deaths, Kimberly discovers that the premonition is hers.
She decides to sacrifice herself for Officer Burke's safety by driving the van she is riding to a lake, however Officer Burke rescues her and sends her to a hospital for recovery. Thinking she and Officer Burke finally cheated Death, they went to a picnic with the Gibbons family, who tells them how their son Brian Gibbons was saved from Death by the survivors. To everyone's surprise, Brian is incinerated nearby due to a barbecue grill malfunction.
- Kimberly avoided death thrice. She was almost run over by the Truck from Hell along with her friends, but Burke intervened. She was almost killed when Eugene's room blew up and a shelf went flying at her. She also drove a van into a lake and drowned herself, but she was revived
- Kimberly's Death in the alternate ending in Final Destination 3 is considered to be Non-Canon, which also could mean that she is still alive
Mistakes in her death
- This article is the corrected version. For the mistakes it had see below:
- Note that the article says Route 180 pile-up, when in the film it was actually Route 23.
- There is inconsistency in the timeline of events as described by this article. It says they were both the last survivors of the pile-up that happened three years ago. Kevin specifically said that the Flight 180 premonition happened six years ago, and in Final Destination 2, the pile-up happened on the exact day that marked a year since the Flight 180 premonition. Unless the newspaper article is outdated in the film, as it was covering a homeless man, this creates an error in the timeline.
- Brian Gibbons's father is named Peter Gibbons, instead of "Roger Gibbons". As Mrs. Gibbons had called him "Peter" in Final Destination 2. Unless Mr Gibbons had changed his first name after Brian's death, this is an error.
- Final Destination 2 (portrayed by A.J. Cook)
- Final Destination 2 (novel)
- Final Destination 3 (in a photo) (potrayed by A.J. Cook)
- Kimberly caused Tim's death, because had if she had not yelled "pigeons", Tim wouldn't have scared them, the pigeons wouldn't have flown away, the worker wouldn't have hit the lever, and the pane wouldn't have killed him.
- In the original Final Destination, many characters are named after black-and-white horror film stars or directors. Kimberly Corman is named for famous horror director Roger Corman.
- Alex Browning, the protagonist and visionary of the first film was originally going to be in the sequel alongside Clear to help Kimberly, but was killed off after negotiations between actor Devon Sawa and the studio fell through. Had he appeared, this would've been one instance in the series, in which two visionaries were directly involved with each other.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead auditioned for the role of Kimberly.
- In the script she was originally named KIMBERLY BURROUGHS, 19.
- A. J., who is naturally blonde, dyed her hair brown in order to differentiate from the other blonde characters (Clear, Shaina and Nora).
- The name Kimberly was originally going to be Clear's name, but was decided to be used for this character instead.
- Kimberly and Thomas' Non-Canon deaths are based from a real life death by Brian Morse who was trimming birch trees in Loveland, Colorado, when his gloved hand got caught in a wood chipper. He was pulled through the machine before anyone could help him, his body was found inside completely mutilated.