I'm moving on Carter, and if you wanna waste your life beating the shit out of Alex every time you see him....then you can just drop fuckin' dead.
Terry's last words before her abrupt death.
Theresa "Terry" Chaney is a main character in Final Destination and is a survivor of the Volée Airlines Flight 180 plane crash. She is the girlfriend of Carter Horton. Terry was among the senior students of Mt. Abraham High School to aboard the plane.
Terry was the second survivor of Flight 180 to die.
Terry lived in Mt. Abraham, New York, and attended Mt. Abraham High School. She is very sassy and snobbish but has a loving relationship with Carter, who she accompanies on their school's annual field trip to Paris.
Final DestinationTerry follows Carter after he is thrown off the plane, and witnesses the plane explode shortly after. Afterwards, Terry is continuously ignored by Carter, who seems more preoccupied with starting fights with Alex.
At the memorial, Terry stops Carter, who begins to threaten Alex. She has sympathy for Alex because of the way Carter treats him.
DeathWhile Alex and Clear are talking at a cafe, Terry was present with Carter in his car. After he stalls his car, Carter indirectly confronts Alex once again. Terry follows him, fearing of another confrontation, pleading him to stop. Billy and Ms. Lewton arrive at the cafe shortly. When Carter instigates another fight, she loses her temper. Couldn't handle her boyfriend's actions, she ends her relationship with Carter, reprimanding his frustration on his confrontation with Alex. Afterward, she storms off and is immediately run over by a speeding bus, splattering the others with her blood.
- Alex sees the reflection of the bus on the window of the coffee shop yet when he looks in the street there is no bus.
- Alex asks Clear, "How do we know that by sipping this coffee, or breathing the air, or even crossing the intersection that we haven't set in motion the events that could lead to our deaths." Ironically as soon as Terry steps out onto the intersection, she is hit by the bus.
- The song "Into the Void" is playing on Carter's car radio right before her death. The song contains the lyrics "final destination".
- At the beginning of the movie before and after the plane crash, a picture of a bus is behind her.
- Just seconds before she dies, she says, "You can just drop fucking dead!"
- The colored line scheme on the side of the bus is very similar to the color scheme of the plane's fuselage.
- School buses were present outside the airport before the plane explosion.
Final Destination 2
I don't know. I never made it. The bus I was on splattered some girl all over the road.
Kat, when she explains her story.
Was that in Mt Abraham?
Clear, questioning to Kat.
Yes. How did you know?
Kat, after she remembered the previous event.
That bus you were on killed Terry Chaney. She was supposed to die on Flight 180.
Clear, in reply to Kat.
She is also mentioned by Kat Jennings, a survivor of the Route 23 pile-up, who says that she was supposed to go to a bed-and-breakfast but after the bus she was on hit Terry, she decided not to go, and avoided a gas leak that suffocated the guests.
Final Destination 5
Oh Excuse me Um... Those passengers who got off the plane earlier, What was that all about?
Passenger, explaining to the Flight Attendant.
A kid had a panic attack and wanted off the plane. Said he had some kind of vision.
Flight Attendant, in reply.
Terry is seen being thrown off of Flight 180 moments before it explodes.
- Final Destination (portrayed by Amanda Detmer)
- Final Destination (novel)
- Final Destination 2 (in a photo) (portrayed by Amanda Detmer)
- Final Destination 2 (novel) (in a photo)
- The Final Destination (reference in opening credits)
- Final Destination 5 (portrayed by Amanda Detmer)
- Terry's last words were "drop fucking dead", and ironically she's the one that dropped dead.
- The bus that hit Terry was driven by Jack Curtis who is the main character for the novel Death of the Senses.
- In The Final Destination, the bus that ran over Terry is seen during the opening credits.
- Survivor George Lanter dies the same way as Terry; however, instead of a bus, he is hit by an ambulance (Though George is completely obliterated.)
- Terry Cheney's original last name was Matthews. In the script of Final Destination, she is described as: TERRY MATHEWS, 18, hot now, but with no idea what time will do to her in just five years.
- In a early draft of Final Destination 2 script, she, for some reason, mentioned by Clear as Terry Mathers.
- Terry's last name is most likely a reference to famous silent horror film actor Lon Chaney.
- When Alex is splattered by blood, it makes a number seven on the side of his face, the seven being the order he dies in.
- Terry is somewhat similar to Nadia Monroy. Both are the supportive girlfriends of a guy who antagonizes the protagonist/visionary. Both survive the crash after tagging along behind said boyfriend during a fight. And both are killed while yelling at the survivors over their actions, much to their boyfriends horror.
- In a picture of the aftermath of the bus hitting her, it is revealed her legs were somehow torned and twirled and her jaw is literally sticking out of her body exposing her skull.